With its bobbed rear end, solo seat, wide and flat bars, spoked wheels and minimal bodywork, the new T120 (1200cc)-based Bonneville variant has all the stripped-back bobber styling cues, with other signature features including an authentic battery box with stainless steel strap, bar end mirrors, rear mudguard loop, carb-look twin throttle bodies, rubber fork gaiters, a 'drum brake' inspired rear hub, new side panels and a sprocket cover with removable inspection cap.
Premium finishes include bronze '1200HT' engine badges, brushed engine covers and a branded locking fuel cap.
The solo seat and minimalist twin-clock instrumentation are both adjustable. In a category-first, the seat can be moved up, down, forward and backwards, with the seat height measuring 690mm at its lowest position. The instruments show fuel range, traction control settings, gear position indicator, two trip meters, fuel consumption and a service indicator.
Masked by the Bobber's hardtail look is a monoshock rear suspension, while the overall 'retro' appearance masks a modern technology package that includes ABS, traction control, ride-by-wire throttle control, 'rain' and 'road' adjustable riding modes, torque-assist clutch, engine immobiliser and an LED tail light.
The Bonneville Bobber will be offered in four colours, including matt-finish Ironstone, Competition Green & Frozen Silver, Morello Red and Jet Black. There's also a range of more than 150 accessories available, so owners can customise their Bobber to their own tastes.
Australian delivery of the Triumph Bonneville Bobber has been confirmed by Triumph Australia, who've said that local pricing will be announced in mid-December, ahead of the arrival of the first Australian units in February, 2017.
The all-new Bonneville Bobber
Brutal beauty - a pure Bonneville hot rod.
- A genuine Bonneville, iconic and authentic
- A genuine bobber with unparalleled heritage, attitude and desirability
- A genuine factory custom with beautifully styled minimalism
Stunning hand crafted custom style
- Breath-taking poise, presence and iconic silhouette
- Authentic bobber features, stripped back, low, single seat, wide flat bars and hard tail look
- Premium bobber detailing and finishes
Innovative and elegant engineering
- Adjustable riding position
- Floating aluminium seat pan with beautiful stitched deep foam pad
- Sublime crafted 'swing cage' and hidden mono shock rear suspension
- Signature Bonneville straight line exhaust hidden 'cat box' pipe run
Thrilling hot rod ride and sound
- Specially engineered dedicated Bonneville 1200HT 'Bobber' engine tune
- More torque and power lower down than the Bonneville T120
- Brushed stainless steel twin exhaust with lighter 'slash cut' sawn off peashooter
- silencers and a rich unique bobber exhaust note
Category defining capability, comfort and control
- A bobber without compromise
- All new frame, chassis and suspension for an engaged and comfortable ride
- Authentic wire-spoked black rim wheels and category-first radial Avon Cobra rear tyre
- Rider focused technology including ride-by-wire, torque assist clutch, switchable traction control and road and rain full power riding modes
For more details, visit: www.triumphmotorcycles.com.au