The pared down sportbike, powered by the legendary "RR" series engine, offers riveting new looks and the blistering performance of a totally new engine and chassis.
A close blood cousin of the race ready CBR 600 RR, the latest release Hornet focuses on sharper, more responsive handling through the pursuit of lighter weight everywhere including an engine that is 5kg lighter than before. Attention was also paid to giving the new Hornet quicker and more easily manageable handling.
This was achieved by carefully calculating precisely where that weight should be trimmed, or moved, to gain the most responsive, easiest handling riding
The new CBF 600F Hornet's shortlist of new features includes:
- A stunning new streetfighter look, with slimmer lines and lighter, more aggressive form.
- Mass centralised construction that locates heavier components closer to the Hornet's central turning axes for sharper, smoother and more confident handling.
- A lighter, more compact and higher revving new fuel injected engine developed alongside the 2007 CBR600RR.
- New low slung exhaust system for enhanced mass centralisation and sharper handling.
- A newly developed gravity die-cast (GDC) aluminium Mono Backbone frame for lighter weight and sharper handling.
- Tapered dual box section aluminium swingarm.
- 41mm inverted cartridge type front fork.
- Lightweight, five-spoke alloy wheels.
- New over/under dual multi-reflector headlight and slim LED tail light.
- HISS immobiliser security system.
Available in black, silver and Fiji blue, recommended retail is $11,990 plus ORCs.